Research at Ludovika-UPS
Ludovika - University of Public Service not only provides training opportunities at all levels related to the different fields of public service, but is also committed to conduct high level academic research.
The research priorities of Ludovika - University of Public Service are:
- focusing on developing state efficiency indicators related to state reform priorities (defence, public safety, justice system, corporate competitiveness, tax bureaucracy), following the methodology of the Good State and Governance Report;
- strengthening the position of the discipline of governance studies and comparative governance studies;
- developing a knowledge centre concerning local governance, local democracy and local development strategies;
- conducting research on E-government services and cyber-security with a focus on IT development;
- conducting research on sustainable development with an emphasis on water governance, climate change, food security, social capital, culture of sustainable living;
- elaborating a comprehensive system of indicators and evaluations mechanism for the measurement of the defence sector’s efficiency, and a set of indicators and evaluations mechanism for the state’s capacities in the area of public safety, law enforcement, and legal certainty;
- conducting research on military science and technology in service of the national defence.