All applicants have to meet the following criteria.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent (or the completion of at least 180 ECTS credits)
- completion of at least 30 ECTS credits in the relevant subject areas*
- proof of language proficiency in one of the official languages of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish)
- advanced knowledge in English language
- social sciences (sociology,, psychology, anthropology, finance and economics,) and philosophy;
- international relations and international organisations;
- political science;
- security and defence policy or military science;
- public administration.