The main goal of the festival was to provide a community experience for foreign students studying in Budapest and to connect young people of different universities and colleges from all around the world.
More than 50 nations were represented at the event: students of Columbia, Nepal, Iran, Ecuador, Afghanistan, Germany and Zimbabwe were doing sports together!
Students had the possibility to try several individual sports besides volleyball and futsal championships, such as different types of aerobics, combat sports, polefitness, functional circuit training and stability workout.
Universities were competing against each-other in the grand final, where the National University of Public Service could stand on top of the podium and became the second champion of University Sports Festival Budapest.
Gábor Simon, director of BEAC highlighted that it is very important for BEAC to organize programs that are attractive to foreign students as well. Nowadays approximately 200 foreign students do sports in the sports club of ELTE.
The event was supported by Budapest Festival and Tourism Centre Nonprofit Ltd and VIWA Vitaminwater.
1. National University of Public Service - 1500 points
2. Eötvös Loránd University - 1450 points
3. Corvinus University of Budapest - 1100 points
4. Andrássy Universität Budapest - 1000 points
5. Budapest Business School - 950 points
6. International Business School - 900 points
7. Kodolányi János University - 900 points
8. Budapest University of Technology and Economics - 850 points
9. Metropolitan University - 750 points
10. Central European University - 750 points
11. Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church in Hungary - 700 points
All the photos by ELTE Online HERE!