Application through the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship programme
You can apply for a PhD degree programme through the “Stipendium Hungaricum” Scholarship Programme announced by the Hungarian government. Applicants eligible for a Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship can apply through the official website according to the given requirements.
Please visit the official website of the programme for more detailed information about eligibility criteria and the application procedure.
Official website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
You can also find information about the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme on our homepage under the Admission - Scholarships - Stipendium Hungaricum menu.
Standard Call for Application 2020/21
The Rector invites calls for applications for admission to the PhD Programmes of the National University of Public Service. The university offers PhD programmes to earn the highest academic degree for graduate students and those who have research ambitions in the academic field of political science, particularly in public administration, security and defence studies, military sciences, and law enforcement. These programmes provide a great opportunity to begin a research and teaching academic career thus to become a successful member of the scientific community.
NUPS is entitled to launch PhD programmes pursuant to Act CCIV of 2011 on National Higher Education and on the basis of the qualification of the Hungarian Accreditation Committee.
In the first two years (education and research period) the students have to take the compulsory core courses. After the first two years their progress is evaluated by a comprehensive exam that will allow the university to decide whether the student should be permitted to continue their doctoral studies and whether they are likely to finish the program. The second two years (research and dissertation writing period) have to focus on the doctoral research and the writing of the thesis. After finishing this period, the PhD student has one year to submit the dissertation. The PhD programme is also open to those who study independently for the requirements of the admission and graduation process. In this case student status is originated by passing the comprehensive exam.
NUPS possesses independent doctoral schools in four academic fields such as military sciences, military engineering sciences, law enforcement, and public administration sciences. The goals, documents and the most important data of professors, students and PhD candidates of the Doctoral School of Military Science, Doctoral School of Military Engineering, Doctoral School of Police Sciences and Law Enforcement, and the Doctoral School of Public Administration Sciences are available at the National Doctoral Council’s website (http://www.doktori.hu).
We appreciate your decision to apply to our PhD programme. We wish you a successful admission, outstanding scientific achievements and great success in your PhD studies!
If you need any further information please contact the Office of Scientific Affairs
- Application Guide for Doctoral (PhD) Training 2019/2020
- Application form (word)
- Table of publication point values (word)
List of supplementary documents
- Proof of payment of application procedure fee.
- Certificate of no criminal record, not older than three months, or a certificate from the place of work if the employee’s position requires such certificate. In case of foreign citizens the equivalent documents.
- An official statement from the employer is required in case he will bear or take over the costs of the training.
- In case the applicant is either intramural expert or sectorial employee a reference letter from his/her employer or senior commander is required.
- A copy of the course book(s) of the graduate students, a copy of the university diploma or the master’s degree of the graduates is required. Diplomas issued by a foreign university must get nostrification and also enclosed. Student must certify their previous academic results, and have a recommendation from the National Council of Student Research Societies. (Original documents must be presented!)
- Copy of State language certificate(s) (level B2, C). (Original documents must be presented!)
- Professional CV.
- Research topic plan announced by the supervisor or in case of individual candidates. agreed with the supervisor and proposed for confirmation by the University Doctoral Council – maximum five pages.
- Certificates or the copies of the results reached in the National Scientific Students’ Associations Conference and the list of scientific publications along with their printouts (copies).
- The signatures of the Head of the research field and the Supervisor, indicated in point 10 in this application form.